May 8, 2008 one virus needs your attention. It is SO（Worm.Win32.Agent. so）. The virus spreads through mobile memory equipment, such as flash disk. And this virus will forbid system task manager, monitor net browser and hide system files, make computer user trouble.
Name: SO（Worm.Win32.Agent. so）
Warning level: Dangerous
Affected System: NT/2000/XP/2003
This is a worm which can be copied to system directory by own, and edit the registry start up to run itself when system start. At the same time, this virus edits the registry to shut down system task manager, WINDOWS update, and makes system files and hidden files not display, it will monitor computer user’s net browser, shut down anti-virus software. When there is a window named as Rising automatic defence, or malicious action scan, this virus will mark it no, to prevent check. This virus also can download new Trojan, and write the new Trojan in mobile memory devices.
Anti-virus experts suggest that computer users take the following measures to protect against this virus:
1. Install Rising Anti-virus, personal firewall, update in time, and at least 3 times per day for updating Rising.
2. Use Rising Vulnerability Check, patch your computer system in a timely manner as many viruses spread by taking advantage of the system exploits or vulnerabilities.
3. Do not browse suspicious websites, and suspicious inserter; turn off or delete unnecessary system services.
4. Do not receive the suspicious file from QQ, MSN, Email, etc.
5. Open auto-protect and auto-monitor function when accessing to the internet.
6. Put your account information of networks bank, networks game, QQ etc, into Rising Application Protection, Rising Application Protection can protect specified applications from attack by malicious programs. A user can apply rules to game software, instant messenger, etc. to customize protection.
*If you have any questions about RISING products, please visit Rising support centre for help.